What is a pearl? For centuries, pearls have been considered as a metaphor for something rare, fine, admirable and valuable. Natural pearls occur spontaneously and are extremely rare. This summer, thirty (30) candidates will converge in the nation’s capital for a chance to be crowned as the first ever Miss Pearl of the Philippines 2016.
Like their namesake, our Pearls come from all corners of the Philippines with different backgrounds and are fresh faces in the pageant industry. These natural beauties are here to showcase their unique talents, as well as their respective cultures and communities.
Ms. Praxedes Yu Tan, the pageant’s founder, is a businesswoman and community worker. She was inspired to organize the pageant as a means to provide not only an honest competition for young women but also help them discover their true potential. It is also aimed at preserving and promoting the rich culture of the Philippines. The pageant serves as a testament that traditional culture can and will continue to flourish even in modern times.
Miss Pearl of the Philipines 2016: 30 Official Candidates
1. Jessica Macapagal of Pampanga
2. Clarizze Del Rosario of San Isidro Taytay Rizal
3. Flordeliz Mabao of Sta. Ana Taytay Rizal
4. Liza Salamat of Central Luzon
5. Kathleen Lausingco of Bicol Region
6. Gazini Ganados of Cebu City
7. Jamaica Luis of Nueva Ecija
8. Hjmaya Ruiz of San Pedro Laguna
9. Salve Boticario of Davao City
10. Ria Delos Santos of Isabela
11. Jessica Tarroquin of Quezon City
12. Kimberly Peñones of Province of Rizal
13. Diana Dones of Taguig City
14. Cindy De Vera of Sta. Barbara Pangasinan
15. Pauline Ebora of Cavite
16. Sofia Panapaan of Balayan Batangas
17. Keena Dacubor of Davao City
18. Sophia Andanar of Dolores Taytay Rizal
19. Kareen Villa Rosa of Ma. Aurora, Aurora
20. Louieber Tolentino of Parañaque City
21. Allyssa Padilla of Parañaque NCR
22. Zephania Cadao of Negeos Occidental
23. Ann Lenie Zonio of Bay Laguna
24. Kim Albano of Muzon Taytay Rizal
25. Sade Nicha of Makati City
26. Esraphelle Tambong of Aklan
27. Charlene Maninang of Sampaloc Manila
28. Ricalyn Ponce of Casiguran, Aurora
29. Ruth Delos Santos of Taytay, Rizal
30. Marian Laureano of Las Piñas
Other activities surrounding the pageant are the pre-pageant and talent night on April 30, 2016 to be held at St. Jude College and a Santa Cruzan featuring Filipino fashion designers on May 7, 2016 at the Greenhills Shopping Center.
Miss Pearl of the Philippines will have its coronation night on May 14, 2016 (Saturday) at the Carlos P. Romulo Auditorium, RCBC Plaza, Makati City. Tickets are available on Ticketnet.
Photo courtesy of Pageant Sentinel
Miss Pearl of the Philippines a production of E-Motion Media Services Inc. The pageant is co-presented by St. Jude College in partnership with MUD Studio Manila, Sprint Asia Logistics Inc., Krispy Kreme, Bio-Oil, CrossFit, OB Montessori Center.
Media Partners: The Pageant Queens, Pageant Sentinel, Missosology, ABS-CBN, GMA7, TV5, CNN Philippines.
Follow Miss Pearl of the Philippines: